When completing application forms, either type or use black ink. Be sure to fill out the applications completely! Applications which lack the necessary information will be rejected.
A separate application is required for each job title and test option. Established language options - such as the Spanish Speaking option - require only a single application for each title and option. The Information Services Specialist I & II and Information Systems Analyst I, II & III titles will be accepted with multiple options on one application. Your original signature is required on each application submitted.
The applications are enabled with "Reader Extensions", allowing them to be saved with the data entered. See the PDF Help section at the bottom of this page for help using these features. Adobe Reader version 8.0 or later is recommended to use these forms, download Adobe Reader here. You may also call or write to your local Assessment Centers to obtain applications.
Pursuant to Administrative Order #1 (2013), a new version of the CMS100 Examining / Employment Application will be available on the Work 4 Illinois website (work.Illinois.gov) beginning January 6, 2014. The online form is also now accessible for applicants with disabilities. Pre-printed copies of the new CMS100 application will be available at all CMS Assessment Centers shortly after January 6. To assist applicants in this transitional process, CMS Division of Examining & Counseling will accept and process old versions of the CMS100 applications (January 2007 / March 2012 versions) through March 30, 2014. Applicants submitting older versions of the CMS100 application do not have to respond to Question 9B (Criminal Convictions). Starting March 31, 2014, old versions of the CMS100 application will no longer be accepted. Old versions of the CMS100 application submitted on or after March 31, 2014 will be returned to the applicant and will not be processed.
Employment Application - CMS100
- General application for all titles except for current state employees seeking promotion.
- Helpful Hints for Completing the CMS100 Application
CMS100: Print-friendly version for manual completion
Promotional Employment Application – CMS100B
- For use only by current state employees seeking promotion.
Official Position Vacancy Bid Form
- For use only by current certified state employees covered by the Personnel Code and agencies under the Governor’s jurisdiction.
Position Transfer Requests
- Transfer requests are for current certified state employees only.
- Completed transfer requests should be submitted to the appropriate personnel office for processing.
IFPE Transfer Request
Change of Information Request Form - CMS263
- The Change of Information Request Form is used to change applicant personal information, availability or county preferences that is currently on file with the State of Illinois.
- The completed and signed form may be dropped off at any of the Assessment Centers or mailed directly to the address on the form. Request Forms can also be faxed to the CMS Division of Examining and Counseling at (217) 524-8740.
- Adobe Reader Version 8.0 or later is required to use these forms with all the available features, download Adobe Reader here. Older versions of Adobe Reader may not open these forms or may display an error message when opening the applications and will not allow you to save your information. Note that Adobe Reader 8.0 is not available for computers using Windows 9X or ME and you will not be able to save your information.
- To open a blank copy of the application (if it comes up already filled in), in Internet Explorer, click File, New, Window. A new window will open with blank fields. Some pop-up blockers may prevent the new window from opening, temporarily disable if necessary.
- To save a copy of the file on your computer for later use, right-click on the link and select Save Target As, then select a location on your computer (like My Documents) to save the file. You can then go to your My Documents folder (or whatever location you saved the file in) and double click on it to open the application without needing to be online.